Saturday 8 September 2012

sewing your hair

So having a bit of a bad week. Was going to review the new Bourjois 3 dot eyeliner but can't find it for love nor money. Stormed into town every lunchtime making myself very hot and bothered but every day I was greeted with empty shelves so everyday I bought myself some Malteasers as a consolation prize and now the weekend is here and I'm eye liner-less and spotty and fat.
As if that wasn't enough disappointment for the week my new heated rollers from the states have arrived and I've just realised I don't have a adaptor for them and the shops have shut now so my dream of going out looking like Gretchen from the Real Housewives was just that. A dream. I was hoping it was a premonition. Well on with what I'm actually reviewing before a lightening bolt strikes me or the computer bursts into flames...
As you all are probably aware hair sewing is in all the magazines lately. It's the next big thing so you don't ruin your hairstyle with the appearance of ugly grips and hair ties. Kevin Murphy has brought the kit out (check out youtube for him)
The idea is you use the linen thread in the kit (because it has tiny imbrication's that catch on to the hair) and a large blunt needle. The kit comes with 3 different colours. Brown for brunettes, black for black hair (duh) and a blond one but to be honest unless you are the type of person who changes their hair colour regularly it's a bit of a waste. You would be better of going to places like Hobbycraft where you can get your chosen colour and a blunt needle for a fraction of the cost.
I followed Youtube tutorials from the man himself but remain...unimpressed. First of all can't over emphasise the importance of a blunt needle. Trying to hold your hair in one hand and sew the back of your head with the other is ridiculously hard and trust me you are gonna stab yourself. Secondly my hair is very long and very thick so the sheer amount of stitches I needed to hold my hair was... extreme. 20 mins later I had a sore arm, very little patience and a hair style that less secure than a cat balanced on a melon. (trust me from life experience that's not secure at all) and with all that time and effort I could of just hidden the grips. Don't get me wrong I love knitting but think I'll leave the sewing well alone...
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment