Sunday 10 June 2012

the great mascara chase

hi! I'm Amy and I'm going to start this blog by trying to answer one of the hardest makeup questions. Which mascaras are worth getting and which you shouldn't waste your money on. So. lets get started...
I'd like to begin with Armani eyes to kill ORIGINAL. yes its expensive (£24.50 here in the UK) and hard to get as there isn't many Armani beauty counters compared to brands such as Chanel, Dior and lancome but well worth the hassle. Its one of the few mascaras I buy again and again and is build up-able (is that even a word??!) to go from a more subtle daytime look to out and out nighttime glamour. Makes my fragile lashes long, thick, black as coal and like Ive got twice as many. I love it and want it to become my mascara child.
Armani eyes to kill excess on the other hand is in my opinion awful. Its the same price as the original though i got several samples of it when i bought other products. I would of been upset to spend that amount of money on something that goes on clumpy giving me spiders legs rather than the beautiful lashes i crave and smudges under the eye throughout the day. Its crazy how two mascaras from the same brand can be soooo different. Like night and day.........
Moving onto Benefit they're real. Yes i admit it. I'm a benebabe. I absolutely love their packaging and always get drawn to their counter though oddly enough had a real aversion to their mascaras. I had a bad experience with the bad girl mascara that i never got over (got it home, opened it and the entire tube of mascara came out on the applicator in some sort of weird, solid, cakey alien goo) which made me avoid benefit mascaras like the plague but after months of my friend telling me they're real is great i finally relented and its restored my faith. Well 70% of it. It definitely gives your lashes a curl and more importantly a curl that lasts a good few hours and even if your lashes do already have a curl in it does open the eye up to give the impression of a really good nights sleep (providing you also have a good under eye concealer which I'll be talking about soon) so why only 70% i hear you cry! surely if it does all that you should be bowing down to it and being thankful you live in a world with it in...but i haven't got to the BUT yet. Yes i know. there's always a but. Nothings ever perfect. The but on they're real is two fold. 1) if you try to use  eyelash curlers with it....well...pointing and laughing happens and 2) it doesn't sit well with other mascaras.I  often use a combination of two mascaras even for work (I'm that vain) and it just doesn't work well with others.
Now I'll admit it- i love things out of the ordinary and I'm one of those suckers who believe everything i read/see/hear is true so am forever let down when makeup fails to live up to its promises. borjois fast and perfect rotating mascara however is quite good! def a favourite amount the "chemist brands" quite a bargin especially when its often got 3 for 2 offers on and the rotating application does actually seem to make a difference when used correctly. (slightly embarrassing when the on switch goes on in your bag though as it's surprisingly noisy and happens more than you think)
that's it for part 1 girlies (and the odd questionable boy) part 2 coming soon where i'll add dior, covergirl, maybelline and lancome to the list
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment