Tuesday 12 June 2012

mac, ysl, bare minerals haul

hello my lovelies! just a relatively quick post tonight as its my birthday but since i promised this blog would be updated every day  every day it will be. I'm loyal to the (very few) who have begun to read my blog...
So today was the big shopping day and my first stop was MAC where i bought (takes a deep breath) hey sailor pigment in  naval blue, hey sailor powder blush in fleet fast, hey sailor pro longwear bronzing powder in nude on board and paintpots in blackout and pure creation. I would of also got hey sailor eyeshadow in jaunty but they had sold out making me have a mental debate as to whether I'm too old to throw myself on the floor and have a tantrum.
I will be talking about these products in a few weeks once I've worn them for a while as only then do you know what a product is actually like but first impressions (of the hey sailor collection, obviously we've all seen the original mac products before) is that its fab.
Usually i don't like longwear formula's as i find them quite drying even on my oily skin and they end up with that "cakey" look half way through the afternoon. I thought i'd feel the same way about the bronzers especially as the pro longwear one looked slightly more orangey than the normal one and I'm not quite a typical English rose but not far off but once they were swatched i much much preferred the longwear. If your pale like me fear not there is now a bronzer for us!
The pigment in naval blue is the same or very similar to a old one i had of one of macs collections and i used it til it ran out. SUCH a pretty colour. Great for dark sexy eyes if you want something more wearable than black. Very messy though so be prepared to clean up the mess when you use it and  for goodness sake do your eye makeup before your foundation, blusher etc
Speaking of blusher (how's that for a segway) the fleet fast blush is one of the most wearable blushers I've seen in a while. Its one of those ones which everyone can wear regardless of skin type, tone or colour. it will suit everyone!
Anyway that's it for now. I'm off to enjoy my birthday festivities.
Speak to you all tomorrow
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment