Monday 11 June 2012

the mascara monolgue part 3

I'm sure some of you are wondering why I'm spending so much time on mascaras when there's so much lip gloss, eyeshadow, eyeliner, blushers, moisturizers etc out there, well never fear my lovelys i will get there. This blog will become well rounded. a blogging sphere if you will. but as the eyes are the window to the soul and having the right mascara is like having those windows wide open on a warm summers day with a vase of lilies on the windowsill. (very important if you are husband shopping like me) I'll spend today continuing the mascara monologue
To continue the alliteration I'll start with max factor. The max factor false lash effect mascara to be precise. I feel slightly like a fraud for reviewing this as I've only ever had  the mini sample tubes but i feel this suits my needs down to the ground.
Max factor more than any other company always has those buy 2 products or spend a certain amount of money and get a free sample case full of mini goodies offers. even though i barely buy anything from max factor i seem to of collected  so many mini mascaras I'm sure the figure is close to if not exceeding 3 digits (hmm now that I've written that maybe my "i barely buy anything from max factor" statement was a slight exaggeration...or bold face lie)
Anyway i always keep mini makeup products to take on holiday with me in the vain hope of making my suitcase lighter so max factor false lash has become my official holiday look. Maybe its the holiday feeling  or maybe I'm getting soppy in my old age (the big 2-8 tomorrow) but i quite like this mascara. It holds up well in hot weather, resists the odd stray splash from the pool but the fact I've never got a full size tube speaks volumes. Maybe my subconscious is trying to tell me something...
The right mascara gives us all the long thick lashes we wish nature had given us but before giving up all hope of ever being a true "natural beauty" try putting Vaseline on your eyelashes before you go to bed. You have to be religious about it. Every night without fail, but within a couple of months you will find that your lashes grow longer and thicker over time. that's a tip right there. From me to you.
Anyway my lovelys thats it for today
wish me a happy birthday eve and tomorrow we will chat excitedly about the new mac collection and whatever else catches my magpie eye while shopping
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment