Friday 20 July 2012

a blissful virgin

Does anyone remember the magazine 'Bliss'? I used to read it when I was about 11 then overnight it changed and turned into the biggest load of rubbish ever. Either that or I suddenly matured and that was the reason it seemed ridiculous and boring but that doesn't sound like me. If you had to pick 3 words even now to describe me "mature" wouldn't be one of them. In fact "mature" wouldn't make the top 100. Anyway my complete hatred of the magazine and by extension the word "bliss" has made me, until today, a bliss skincare virgin.
To pop my proverbial bliss cherry I have spent the afternoon at the spa having the famous triple oxygen facial. Like all first timers I was scared I'd be left disappointed having built the whole facial up in my head so it was no longer just a facial but a miracle waiting to happen.
The facial lasts an hour and 15mins and the triple oxygen instant energising mask and eye mask are meant to complement it and be "at home" versions.but lets start at the beginning since its a "unusual" facial...
First the skin is cleansed and exfoliated ,then a fruit acid is applied where the word "stinging" comes to mind rather than the "tingling" they say. (as you can see this post is very keyword orientated.) but as the saying goes beauty is pain...then the oxygen starts with a oxygen cream which is covered in a wrap to open up the pores.... then the torture begins where they "extract them"
Just as I was beginning to think that I liked my pores where they were I was rewarded with a calming oxygen mask which must be code for miracle worker as instead of the blotchy red skin I was expecting after those "extractions" (I keep thinking teeth when I hear the word extraction) it was clear, glow-y and even.  Would I have the facial again? ummm...probably not. I'm not saying it wasnt great. It was. Just not worth the money. If it was cheaper I may change my once a month facial who knows.
Now the "at home" versions. The mask goes on and feeling light with a fresh citrus-y smell. it  goes on as a gel then turns into a fizzing foam. think champagne for the skin. I know it sounds stupid as fizzing bubbles don't mean anything but subconsciously you think its fizzing that means its working!!!!
My first look in the mirror confirms why this was voted one of Instyles best beauty buys...can you say glowing?!!! the $60,000 question is how long will it last? This to be honest is what I'm worried about. When you try to read about it you just get told about how it "delivers oxygen to the skin with innovative fluid02 technology" ....all sounds good BUT WHAT THE HECK IS FLUID02 TECHNOLOGY??? all I want to know is that it works. Don't need a science lesson. It's recommended that this is used twice a week so technically I shouldn't need to use this until Tuesday and my skin should stays glowy. Has anyone used this? Should I prepare for disappointment or add it to my boyfriend snaring list of products?
It's hard to say whether this is worth the money just yet since I've only used it today and my skin wasn't bad to begin with. (I'm a religious cleanse, tone , moisturiser-er and think going to bed with makeup on is a mortal sin.) Putting my foundation on after my facial I felt it went on smoother and looked better but for the money i think i could find better products out there...
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment