Sunday 22 July 2012

botox or notox? i am the frozen queen

I've always understood the whole never never growing up philosophy of Peter Pan. I don't mean I want to relive 2002 (the year i turned 18) or start wearing green tights but a wrinkle free face? yes please!!
I was 26 when I first had it done. I'm tall and look my age and having older friends who were constantly mistaken for younger than me knocked my confidence...or threw me into a mood so evil i put Lex Luther to shame, however you want to phrase it so I booked myself an appointment.
I had it done between my eyebrows (glabellar lines ) as all those times I forgot to put on sunglasses and just squinted were beginning to show and you know what they say prevention is better than cure.
In my opinion botox isn't that big a deal. I had it after work and its literally a 5 min appointment. What's frustrating is waiting 4-5 days for it to work. I was obsessed about knowing when it started so I spent the best part of as week running to every mirror I saw and  trying to frown then groaning when I still could (slightly embarrassing when you're out or at work) but 5 days later frowning was a thing of the past.
I'm not ashamed of having botox. In my mind its maintenance like having your hair done or having a facial. There's nothing wrong with trying to look the best you can but do feel its like a drug. Once you've started it's really hard to stop. My last lot was in march and its wearing off which is making me irritable every time I see myself frown. You get used to your forehead not moving and feeling smooth and start comparing every line on everyone elses faces to yours.
It's hard being a girl. Maybe Barbie had it right all along by being plastic
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment