Sunday 15 July 2012

the eyes and lows of novalash eyelash extensions

The thought of having a new boyfriend fills me with dread sometimes. I'm not saying I want to be a spinster (I hate cats) but that initial period of having to impress someone 24 hours a day....well that's just too stressful. If any of you have seen me first thing in the morning you will know why. I look like I've been dragged through a hedge backwards. Maybe I was who knows. I'm a heavy sleeper but hair stuck up at all angles, morning breath, no makeup on.....that's quite a picture I'm painting for you isn't it?
I've been the person who has set my alarm for 5.30 in the morning, secretly brushed my hair and put on some makeup and then pretended to be asleep and woken up "pretty" but surely there must be a easier option..drum roll please...........eyelash extensions.
Eyelash extensions really do transform you from blah to wow in a instant.
This time I had Novalash put on. I have previously tried Xtreme lashes and Hollywood lashes but lost interest with them both as they fell out ridiculously quickly leaving me with huge gaps and didn't give me the volume and length I craved. I heard good things about Novalash and one of my patients wore them and I had a girl crush on her lashes so made my appointment. (just to make it clear before I go on that I don't work for Novalash or benefit in anyway from my review. It's merely my opinion as are all my entries)
My appointment was like any other lash appointment. 2 hours with your eyes shut while someone patiently glues the extension on to each individual eyelash but it was the end result that was different. We all know to gain more volume you need lashes of different lengths but she had created a glamorous fan of lashes Beyonce herself would be jealous of.
They have been in 2 weeks now and obviously shed along with your natural eyelashes and this is still the result: (taken with no makeup on so you can see how they are naturally)
They use a platinum bond adhesive which has won awards for lasting and are the only lashes I know of where you can still use oils on your face and it wont break down the glue. Great news as I swear by Moroccan oil.
 xoxo till next time and if your out and about and get swept up in what feels like a hurricane it's probably just me batting my eyelashes

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your experience! As I'm on my way to become an Eyelash technician. And needed to make a choice.

    ReplyDelete