Sunday 15 July 2012

lip gloss goes on lips- not superglue. BENEFIT LIP GLOSS

It's happened to everyone. At least that's what I tell myself when I'm fleeing the scene red faced. You see a hot guy. You look at him. He looks at you. You go to walk past working your cute jeans and thanking the lord for the good hair day then it happens. The wind picks up and large quantities of hair gets stuck in your lip gloss leaving you looking like a extra from planet of the apes and coughing up a hair ball. Whats a girl to do? we have to have our lip gloss. The answer to our prayers...(cue angel voices singing in triumph).... Benefit ultra plush lip glosses. The truly non sticky lip gloss.
There are 6 shades to choose from. My 2 favourites coralista and dandelion and dallas, hoola, sugarbomb and bella bamba. Sound familiar? Yep they match all of Benefits pretty boxed powders and blushers. Its the makeup equivalent of matching your handbag to your shoes. First it was Urban Decay with the matching eyeliner/nail varnish now this. A dream come true for all those who like order in their lives.
I bet a lot of you are surprised I like these. After all I don't do subtle and by Benefits own omission they are sheer but for days when your working your eyes and want a sheer pearly "natural" lip look no further.
Dandelion is a pretty, girly light pink with some shimmer (grown up shimmer, not 12 year old look at me shimmer) and has a nice fruity smell that will make you want to lick your lips.
Sugarbomb is definitely the nudest colour with only a hint of pink but has specks of shimmer in that catch the light and look gorgeous.
 Not a fan of shimmer? (I'm giving you a weird look, who hates shimmer?!) then go for Dallas. Its a pinker version of sugarbomb but no shimmer.
Coralista is surprise, surprise a coral colour but a sheer one. So if the coral colours seem too bright to you or you're nervous of them give this a try. It can open a whole new world of makeup colour for you. Its coral for beginners. Also looks great with a tan. Not that the UK remembers what the sun looks like. Wettest summer since records began. GRRR.
Hoola is a browny/gold colour which I personally can't stand. I hate brown and just doesn't do anything for me so I will say no more....oh OK ...uurgghh! Definitely not my cup of tea.
On that note I have to go before my recurring nightmare of the colour brown starts.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment