Sunday 1 July 2012

lipgloss and kisses

Hi my lovelies. Me again. Sorry I've been quiet lately but i've been doing important scientific research...You know Einstein and whatnot. I put to the test just how long ysl rouge pur couture vernis a levres glossy stain actually lasts and whether its drink proof and kiss proof (the things i do in the name of research)
I got shade 15 rose vinyl which is a bit daring for me, i'm more of a statement eye and nude lip girl but trust me if you have pale skin it has that pop of colour our skin needs.
Day 1 of the test was a work day. I do my makeup about 8am and have my first cup of tea around 8.45 so i'm usually reapplying right before i start seeing patients at 9am.
On the test day i applied the glossy stain (what's with the weird smell by the way??!!) blotted it and applied a second coat as per instructions and carried on...At first my heart sank. The first sip of the day and i take the cup away from my mouth and noticed it had left a large pink stain on it but i needed not to of ran to the mirror because it lasted! Yes the gloss part of it was long gone but my lips were still stained a nice bright pink. and that was the same after the second, third and fourth cup (tiny bit obsessed with tea) and no matter how many men i insisted on kissing in the name of "science" it was still there.
The bottom line is if you want the wet look of gloss you will have to reapply as often as you would with a traditional gloss but if its the colour that makes you swoon this is for you. Think of all the extra time you will have now without reapplying lipgloss every 5 mins..you could learn a language ;-)
i'll be back soon. If you have any questions and comments feel free to chat. I don't bite. Well if i did my lipgloss would still be flawless :-)
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment